Brother Mfc 7240 Offline
If your Brother Mfc 7240 Offline , check the connection between your printer and computer.
When your printer goes offline, it will not respond to your commands. Obviously, it will be frustrating. To your surprise, printer problems can be figured out and fixed easier than you think. If your Brother MFC 7240 printer is offline, you should check your Internet connection, printer settings, and the printer itself. This article deals with the solutions to get back your Brother MFC 7240 printer online. Read this page and fix your issue efficiently.
- If your Internet is not stable, you will end up with a printer offline issue. So, before you proceed with the advanced troubleshooting solutions, make sure that your Internet connection is working fine.
- You should connect your printer and the computer to the same network. If you have connected them to different networks, you will probably encounter the printer offline issue.
Cancel All Pending Print Jobs
- If you keep on sending the print jobs to your printer, it may start to malfunction at some point. To fix this issue, you should cancel all the print jobs you have sent till now.
- To cancel the print jobs, click the Start button and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your printer and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Go to the Printer menu and select Cancel All Documents.
If the offline printer problem is not resolved, you can cancel all the print jobs. It fixes your offline issue.
Disable Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing
- Your printer will not appear online if you have enabled Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing.
- To fix this issue, you should make sure that these options are not checked. To do that, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and ensure that the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options are not checked.
Set your printer as the default
- If you haven’t set your printer as the default, the print jobs will not reach directly to your printer. To fix this issue, you should set your Brother MFC 7240 printer as the default machine.
- To proceed further, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and choose the Set as default printer option.
Update the printer drivers
- Printer drivers are the ones that establish communication between your printer and the computer. If your driver goes outdated, you will face several issues.
- From your browser, visit Brother’s website and download the updated driver. Then install it on your computer by adhering to the instructions.
- Once you have installed the updated driver, check whether you can find your printer online.
- Whatever the issue is, you can try out the power cycle method. It enhances your printer’s performance drastically.
- To power cycle your Brother MFC-7240 printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cord. Leave your printer undisturbed for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cord to your Brother printer and turn it on.
If you still cannot get back your Brother MFC 7240 printer online, reach out to us for remote assistance.