Brother MFC J475DW Printer Offline
Steps To Solve Brother MFC J475DW Printer Goes Offline
Brother MFC-J475DW is a compact inkjet printer that supports duplex printing and wireless printing. But sometimes, you may find it difficult to print remotely from your Windows computer if your printer status is offline. This could happen if there is a communication breakdown between your printer and computer. To know how to fix Brother MFC J475DW Printer Offline issue, go through the solutions given below.
Check the printer connection
- Before you begin troubleshooting the printer, check if it is turned on. Check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check the USB connection between your printer and computer. The USB cable should be connected firmly at both end ports.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi network status.
- If the problem is with the network connection, restart your router and printer.
- Try to reconnect your printer to your wireless network.
- If the problem persists, use the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool to detect and repair the connection issues automatically.
- After fixing the connection issues, check if your Brother MFC-J475DW printer status has changed from offline to online. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Set printer as default and disable Use Printer Offline
On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer's icon. If you don't see any checkmark, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
If the status is still offline, right-click the printer icon again and select the See what's printing option.
Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
This should fix the Brother MFC J475DW Printer Offline issue.
If the problem remains unsolved, try to implement the next solution.
Run the printer troubleshooter and restart Print Spooler
- Start by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys to open the Settings app.
- Click the Update & Security tab in the Settings window.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-side panel and click the printer troubleshooter from the displayed list.
- Next, click the Run the troubleshooter button and follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.
- This will detect and fix the Brother MFC J475DW Printer Offline issues with your printer.
- In addition, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type 'services.msc' in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key to open Windows Services.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service in the Services window and select the Restart option.
- Finally, restart your Windows computer and check if the Brother MFC-J475DW printer is online.