Troubleshoot HP Laserjet P1005 Printer Offline Issue
Do these checks initially:
Is your HP HP Laserjet P1005 Printer Offline? Generally, the printer status goes offline if there is a communication breakdown between the printer and the Windows computer. The first thing you’ll have to check is whether the printer is in the ready state. If your printer is turned off, check the power cord and turn it on. In case your printer is in sleep mode, you can wake it up to make its status online. If the printer status is offline even when it is turned on, follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the problem.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Canon imageCLASS Printer offline gets resolved.
Check the printer connection
- First, check if you have placed your printer closer to your computer.
- Next, check the USB cable connecting the printer and computer.
- If the USB cable is not connected firmly at both end ports, plug it into the ports correctly to fix the connection error.
- If necessary, you can try to connect the cable to a different USB port of your computer.
- It is suggested to replace the USB cable if the connection problem remains unsolved.
- You can also try the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool to diagnose and repair the connection issues on your HP Laserjet P1005 printer.
Set the printer as default
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window.
- Locate your printer’s icon from the available list.
- See if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon.
- If there is no green checkmark, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, you can see a green checkmark on your printer’s icon and the printer status will be changed to offline as well.
- If your HP Laserjet P1005 Printer Offline is still occurs, execute the next solution.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- Open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and check if the Use Printer Offline option is enabled. If so, deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
Now, your printer status should be changed to online. In case the problem remains unsolved, restart the Print Spooler service.
Restart Print Spooler
- To begin with, launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the Run dialog box and click the OK button to open Windows Services.
- In the Services window, locate the Print Spooler service.
- Right-click the service and select the Restart option.
- Close Windows Services and restart your computer to check if your HP Laserjet P1005 printer offline issue is resolved.
Follow the methods as described in this article to fix the HP Laserjet P1005 Printer Offline issue in simple steps.