Troubleshoot HP Officejet 258 Printer Offline Issue
Do Checks Initially:
Is your HP OfficeJet 258 Printer Offline? Check if your printer is in sleep mode. If so, wake up the printer by pressing the Power button. Check if there is an error message on the printer display. If it has one, power cycle your printer. To troubleshoot the printer offline issue further, keep reading the instructions below.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Envy Printer offline gets resolved.
Resolve The issue
- HP Provides the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool to automatically detect and resolve your printer issues.
- On your computer, download the tool from the official HP site.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool and click the Start button on the main screen.
- Ensure that your printer has been properly connected to your computer.
- Wait until the diagnostic test has been completed.
- Now, check if the HP OfficeJet 258 printer status is still offline on your computer. If yes, go to the next solution.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type ‘control’ in the search field.
- Click to open Control Panel from the search result.
Check if the HP Officejet 258 Printer Offline issue is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate and right-click your printer’s icon.
- Select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel all the pending print jobs and click the Printer tab.
- Deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- This should fix the HP OfficeJet 258 Printer Offline issue.
Set printer as default
- Start by opening Control Panel on your Windows computer and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon. If No, right-click your printer’s icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, you can see a green checkmark on your printer’s icon.
- Click the printer icon and check if the status has been changed to online.
- If the problem remains unsolved, check the WSD ports from the Printer Properties window. You can also reinstall the printer driver to resolve the offline issue.
When you clear the paper jams, the HP OfficeJet 258 Printer Offline will be resolved.