Troubleshoot HP Officejet 5255 Offline Issue
Do Checks Initially:
In the first place, you need to check whether your printer is ready to print. Check whether it is in sleep mode and has sufficient ink and paper to print. Ensure that there are no error messages blinking on the printer display. If you find any HP Officejet 5255 Printer Offline error code, sort it out and check whether the issue is resolved. If you cannot resolve the issue yet, continue to read the following sections.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor app on your computer and follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions to complete the installation.
- Open the app, select your printer from the list, and run the diagnostic process.
- In most cases, the HP Print and Scan Doctor app can resolve the offline problems.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Envy Printer offline gets resolved.
Set HP OfficeJet Pro 5255 as a default printer
If you haven’t set your HP Officejet 5000 printer as the default printer on your computer, then there is a chance for the Printer Offline issue to occur. Set your printer as the default printer by following the below instructions.
- On your computer, go to Printers & Scanners. If you find the Let Windows manage my default printer option to be checked, deselect the checkbox.
- Select your HP printer from the list of available printers and click on Manage. Choose Manage your device and then select Set as Default.
Check if the HP Officejet 5255 Printer Offline issue is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
Create an IP connection manually
- On your printer, tap on the Setup icon, select Tools, and then tap on Network Configuration Report.
- You need to check the Wireless Status, IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, and URL on the printout.
- To know the Wireless Status, check whether the Status under 802.11 Wireless is Connected. If it is not connected, it signifies that your printer is not connected to the Internet. Connect your printer to the Internet and check whether you have resolved the issue.
- Under 802.11 Wireless, note down the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers. If you find the numbers for IPv4 and IPv6 to be different, skip IPv6 and note down the IPv4 address.
- Under General information, locate the URL for Embedded Web Server and note it down.
- Connect your computer to the same network to which your printer is connected. Open your default browser, enter the noted URL in the search field, and press Enter.
- On the EWS page, go to the Networking tab and open the Wireless menu option. Select the IPv4 Configuration, click on Manual IP, and enter the printer’s information that you have already noted.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and wait till the changes are made.
- Now, your printer will get connected. Your computer and printer are now connected to the same network.
- The above steps should get your printer back online.
If the HP Officejet 5255 Printer Offline issue persists even after setting your printer as default, contact us.