HP Officejet Pro Printer Offline
Turn HP Officejet Pro Printer Online
Everybody wants to be online most of the time. But do you know why a printer goes offline? This problem mainly happens if there is a communication breakdown between the printer and the Windows computer. Fixing the HP Officejet Pro Printer Offline issue is quite simple if you go through these solutions.
Check the printer connection
- The first and foremost step in fixing the offline issue is to check whether the printer is turned on or not.
- If the printer is turned off, check its power cord.
- If necessary, connect the printer power cord to a different wall outlet and restart the printer.
- Next, check the USB cable connecting your printer and computer. The cable should be firmly connected at both end ports.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi status.
- If necessary, download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool on your computer to diagnose and repair the connection issues automatically.
- If your HP Officejet Pro Printer Offline status still exists on your Windows computer, execute the next solution.
Continue with the following steps if the HP Officejet Pro Printer Offline even now.
Set printer as default and disable Use Printer Offline
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate and give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, your printer’s icon should have a green tickmark.
- Once again, right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- If your HP OfficeJet Pro printer’s status is still offline, restart the Print Spooler service from the Windows Services.
To resolve the HP Officejet Pro Printer Offline issue within a few seconds, get in touch with our technical experts.