Troubleshoot Ricoh Printer Offline Issue
Do these checks initially:
Ricoh is one of the top brands that have been in the copying business since the late 50s. At the moment, Ricoh is one of the best brands with operations in over 200 countries.
Ricoh printers are also called multi-function printers that are known for their quality, perseverance, capacity, speed, and graphic capabilities. With Ricoh, there are currently 22 active printers that offer various tasks for large, high-performance devices. There are large printers that offer high speed and efficiency. They also come with customizable features for scanning, faxing, hole punching, and stapling. Most of Ricoh’s printers are equipped with the latest technology like touchscreen, multiple paper trays, and high copy speeds.
Despite the wide laurels the Ricoh printer deserves, there are times when the printer goes through some issues and will be offline. The offline issue with the Ricoh printer is quite common with Windows 8.
In this troubleshooting article, we have mentioned the steps on how to solve the Ricoh printer offline problem with Windows 8. Stay tuned!
BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
Here are some basic pointers to look at to ensure you do not face the Ricoh printer offline issue in Windows 8.
- First, ensure that the Ricoh printer is connected to the power source.
- Make sure that the Ricoh printer is placed in an area where there is a proper power supply.
- Check and see if the printer is having any hardware issues.
- Clear small errors like paper jams and paper feed problems (a common reason for printer going offline).
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Ricoh Printer offline gets resolved.
Resolve The issue
METHOD 1: CONFIGURE PRINTER SETTINGS
Making some small changes in the printer settings can be the solution to most of the printer problems.
- Click Start at the bottom-left corner of your desktop screen and select the Control Panel option.
- The Control Panel window will open.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- You will see the list of the printer(s) connected to your Windows 8 computer.
- Perform a right-click on the Ricoh printer and select the option See what’s printing?
- Remove the stalled print jobs from the queue (right-click and select Cancel).
- Click the Printer option located on the left.
- See if you have enabled the option Use Printer Offline; if yes, click to disable.
- Now, you will not find the Ricoh printer offline in Windows 8.
- One alternative way would be to turn off both the Windows 8 computer and the Ricoh printer and then turn them back on.
METHOD 2: RESTART PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE
Performing a restart on the print spooler is a guaranteed way to have the Ricoh printer back online.
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run Open: field.
- Press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click and select the Restart option.
METHOD 3: CONFIGURE PRINTER PROPERTIES
- Click Start; select the Control Panel option.
- The Control Panel window will now open.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Ricoh printer from the list of printers.
- Perform a right-click on the Ricoh printer and click the Printer Properties option.
- The Ricoh printer properties window will open.
- Click the Ports tab and click the Configure Port button at the bottom-right corner.
- Click the checkbox to uncheck SNMP Status Enabled (if ticked).
- Click the OK button to save changes.
This will be a sure-shot way to ensure that the Ricoh printer will not go offline in Windows 8.
METHOD 4: CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATES
- Open Settings for the Windows 8 computer (Windows key +I).
- Select the Change PC Settings option at the bottom of the panel.
- On the left side, select the option Windows Updates.
- Now, select the option Check for Updates Now.
Follow the methods as mentioned on this page. You will no longer face the Ricoh printer offline in Windows 8 issue. If the issue persists, click the CALL button on this page. Our dedicated technical team will assist you through the troubleshooting procedure.